Boondocking and holidaying in your RV is one of the more popular pursuits that people engage in on a thrice-yearly basis. However, before you trek out into the wilderness for potentially days at a time, you’ll want to make sure that you have the right hardware for the task at hand.Having a good battery for the inverter in your RV is very important for keeping everything inside running smoothly. You should have enough power to charge all the electrical appliances in your RV, including the shower, the kettle and the cooker. Without these, you might suddenly find yourself up the creek without a paddle.A decent battery should have plenty of voltage and should be able to be plugged into many different appliances. This versatility will be crucial if you are trying to get your vehicle from A to B as quickly as possible. You might also want this battery as a spare just in case you need to recharge your existing one.So where can you find one of these batteries for your RV? What materials should a decent battery be made from to give you that solid performance all year round? What specialist designs should you have in your battery to optimize the amount of power that it delivers? How much will you have to pay for one of these batteries?Well, if you want the answer to these questions and a whole lot more, then we would suggest that you keep reading. We have compiled a list of some of the best batteries for inverters that money can buy, ones that excel in terms of performance, durability and lifespan.
OUR TOP PICK
OUR TOP PICK
First up, we have a premium battery that will stay powered by the power of the sun alone. That’s right, this solar battery is one of the best when it comes to giving you enough juice to last you throughout the day.
This is a deep cycle battery, meaning that it stores chemical energy to be used at a later date – introducing the Universal Power Group 12V 100Ah Solar Wind AGM SLA DEEP Cycle VRLA Battery.This battery is one that weighs practically nothing at all, meaning that it won’t overly contribute to the weight of your RV.
Plus, one of the best features of this battery is the fact that it harnesses solar energy, so all you have to do is leave it out on a sunny day and wait for it to get fully powered.Having a solar battery is one of the best options that you can have out there for sustainable power. This will save you all the hassle of having to find a power source, which is often not that widely available when you are out and about.
This battery is highly resistant to shocks and vibration, making it the perfect choice for taking out on the road.
- This battery is extremely heavy-duty, so you can be sure that it will provide you with power no matter where you are.
- This is highly shock-proof, so if you are traveling around the country on stone paths and uneven terrain, then this might be the ideal battery to have with you.
- This battery can be mounted in various different styles and positions, making it ideal for most campervans and RVs currently on the market.
- This will weigh a lot less than some other batteries, making it great if you are already taking a lot of gear and want to keep the luggage very light.
- This battery does tend to get worn down very easily, so if you are looking for something that will last you longer than a year, then we would suggest another model.
This next battery is one of the best when it comes to off-grid lithium batteries. This will deliver your 1200 watts, which is perfect if you need to charge various appliances on board your RV.
This is made from superior material, so you can be sure that you’ll have everything that you need for a solid performance – introducing the Renogy Deep Cycle AGM Battery 12 Volt 100Ah for RV.This is another deep cycle battery, so you can be sure that it will have plenty of charge that you can use to juice this up whenever you need it. This comes with technology that is designed to regulate the inside of the battery, giving you premium output as and when you need it.This stuff will really give you plenty of power, so you won’t have to worry about it running low on battery, even after you’ve been using it for a few consecutive days. This battery will require very little maintenance, again, being the ideal battery for anyone looking to operate this one day-in, day-out.
- This battery does not require that much maintenance, so you can be sure you’ll have everything that you need for a decent charge.
- If you are not that great at repairs, then this is another great battery to have, as you won’t ever have to open it up to tinker inside.
- This battery is a deep cycle one, so you won’t have to worry about it losing charge after just a few hours.
- This will give you a much lower discharge rate, meaning that you won’t be losing too much battery power if you are running it for longer hours.
- Once again, if you are using this one regularly, then you might expect to see some wear and tear on the inside and the outside.
This next battery is one that is very versatile, giving you 1500 watts of power, which will be enough to charge everything in your RV. This is another great off-grid battery, as it uses solar power to charge itself.
If you are wanting to disappear for a few weeks in the wilderness, then you can’t go wrong with this one – introducing the Vmaxtanks Rechargeable Deep Cycle Battery.This battery is made from military-grade construction, so you can be sure that it will last you a significant length of time. This one will not produce any gasses or noxious fumes, which will negatively affect the air quality inside of your van.
This battery weighs very little, which is perfect if you don’t want to guzzle fuel because of excess gear.This is one of the more powerful batteries on this list, it will give you everything that you need for a solid charge for hours on end. This is also completely self-sufficient and can be plugged into many different appliances.
- This battery can be charged from solar and wind power, which makes it one of the more self-sufficient models on this list.
- This battery is very eco-friendly, so you won’t have to worry about your RV having a large carbon footprint.
- This will release very little gas and emissions, so you won’t have to worry about it compromising the air quality of the inside of your van.
- This battery weighs very little, meaning that if you like to take a lot of gear with you to the great outdoors, then you won’t compromise on fuel costs.
- This battery has been reported by some users as being heavier than some other models that you can find on the market.
This next battery is super cool, coming in a design that looks like something from the film Blade Runner.
This battery is amazing when it comes to portability and design, allowing you to plug it into various charge points. You can charge your Playstation, your RV or your laptop – introducing the Suaoki Portable Power Station.This is another amazing solar-powered option, allowing you the luxury of simply setting it up and allowing the power of the sun to charge your devices. The ease of use of this one is also incredible, with plenty of USB ports that you can use to charge up your PlayStation, games console or television.This can be powered by a whole manner of different options, whether it is USB 2.0 or USB 3.0, there’ll be something for every device.
This unit is also one of the most portable options, you can simply grab it by the handle and take it with you wherever you need to go. The solar panels for this unit have to be bought separately.
- This can be used to charge up any type of device – whether it is your laptop, your phone, your tablet or your television. This is a great unit for games consoles too.
- This comes with an easy-to-use design, perfect for anyone who does not have an in-depth knowledge of electrics.
- This battery is great for hiking, coming in an easy-to-carry design that you can be sure will have everything that you need for complete power in your camping trip.
- This can be used to power your RV or you can have it to simply keep all of your games consoles and devices charged at the same time.
- You’ll have to get the solar panels for this device separately. This might be irksome for anyone who wants to pick up all the pieces in one single purchase.
This final power inverter is one that you largely use for the car, although it can be used to charge various appliances in your RV.
This comes with multiple charging ports, with the ability to simply be able to plug in and charge. This will give you a solid power charge of around 1000 watts – introducing the Invertertek 500W Car Power Inverter.This comes with a really solid aluminum case that you can be sure will protect your battery for any bumps and high impacts. If you are going out to the great outdoors, then having this protection is perfect for your needs.
The design of this battery is very user-friendly, perfect for anyone who is not that technologically literate.This comes with 4 power outlets, which is ideal if you want to bring a selection of your devices with you.
This is also great if you are operating any heavy machinery when you are out camping. This comes with a cigarette lighter and some car battery clips, all of which are perfect for giving you some versatile powering options
- This power inverter is perfect if you are going away for a few days. We would certainly recommend it if you are thinking of powering your camper van for a few days at a time.
- This comes with an easy-to-use interface, which is ideal for those people who are slightly nervous about using complex, high-powered technology.
- You can charge all your devices with this one handy charging station – whether it is your games consoles, your tablets, your laptop or your television, this is a one-stop charging shop.
- You can connect this one with clips to your car, which gives you a valid option for charging if you have used up all your other ports.
- This charger has quite a low wattage, so if you are wanting that longer charge over time, then we would suggest that you find a more powerful charger.
Best Batteries For Inverters Buying Guide
If you are going to be buying an inverter, then we would recommend that you do your research before committing to buying one. You’ll need to make sure that you have a reliable output of volts as well as plenty of different sockets to plug into.
Here’s a list of features we would recommend:
Does It Use Solar Power?
This will be a dealbreaker for a lot of RV owners, as the ability to charge your battery from wherever you like cannot be beaten.
If you like camping in the great outdoors, then you’ll be more than familiar with the fact there is never a recharge point around. Solar power removes the need for you to find that charging station.
How Durable Are The Batteries?
This is another extremely important factor for batteries. You’ll have to make sure that the delicate components of your battery are not damaged when you drop them or when you are transporting them across the country.
Does It Have Any Other Power Sources?
Some of these batteries are powered by wind as well as the sun, which is great if it gets particularly cloudy and you don’t have access to sunlight. These batteries are ideal for helping the environment too, as they will significantly lower your carbon footprint.
If you have a power outage, having these backup charging options will also be good, as you won’t have to worry about sourcing power quickly and having to be without essential appliances for longer than a few hours.
Best Batteries For Inverters – FAQ’s
What Types Of Battery Inverter Are There?
You can get two main types of batteries, one of them being maintenance-free batteries and the other being tubular batteries. The maintenance-free batteries are completely sealed, so you won’t have to worry about providing regular checks or tinkering around with the delicate inner workings.
The tubular style of battery is also very low maintenance, but they are also much more cost-effective and will save you a lot more on power.
How Long Should An Inverter Battery Last You?
This will all depend on the voltage of your battery and how long you’ll be using it. If you are going to be operating your battery at 100 watts, then you can expect it to last a lot longer than if you are going to be running it at only 50 watts.
On the whole, a battery should last you for a number of years without losing any charge, Although, again, this will all depend on how often you’re using it and how long you’ll be keeping the battery running. We would recommend keeping the battery running as opposed to shutting it down and starting it up again, as it takes extra energy to get it going.
Our Final Say
We hope that our run-down of some of the best batteries that money can buy has helped you to decide which one will be the most effective for your inverter. Remember that you’ll want a battery that is built to last and won’t get damaged from any drops or spillages. We would recommend you get a battery with a sturdy aluminum casing.