So you’ve got a hardwood floor in your home and are having real trouble keeping it clean without scratching it. Well, the chances are that you are using a mop that is way too hard and you are compromising the integrity of the wood itself.
Luckily for you, we’ve had the privilege of trying out some of the best mops that you can currently find on the market. Not only are these things great for cleaning, but they have everything that you need for getting rid of that stubborn and often hard-to-remove dust from your floor.
If you are looking for a new mop, then you’ll need something that will allow you to deposit the dust from your floor quickly and efficiently into a separate bucket. You can also be sure of different features such as a squeezer and quality cotton in the mop head that will help you to remove a lot of the dirt.
So where can you find some of the best dust mops for a hardwood floor? What features does a decent mop have to give you maximum floor coverage?
What other design features can you get with a mop? How much will you have to pay for a decent mop head for your specific floor cleaning needs?
Well, if you are wanting answers to these questions and a whole lot more, then you should keep reading. We have tested and compiled a list of some of the best mop heads that you can get for a hardwood floor.
We also have a buyer’s guide that will help you to narrow down exactly what features you’ll be looking for with your new mop head.
OUR TOP PICK
OUR TOP PICK
This first mop is very easy to spin, giving you plenty of room to drain away all the excess moisture which will often accumulate on your mophead.
This comes with a push pedal on the side of the bucket that you can use to clasp around the head of the mop to wring out as much extraneous mop fluid as possible - introducing the O-Cedar EasyWring Microfiber Spin Mop.
This has deep cleaning microfibers that will pick up all the dust and dirt that you need from the floor of your hardwood floor. These fibers are very easy to wash afterwards, they will not cause you any scratches or scrapes on your floor at all.
If you want to keep your floor shiny and sparkling all year round, this is the perfect mop head for you.
- This comes with an adjustable handle that is telescopic, which will definitely be handy for anyone who does not want to be stooped over for a long period of time.
- This comes with 2 solid extra refills, which means that you get a lot more water to clean a larger area of floor with.
- This comes with a splash guard, so you won’t have to worry about any extra fluid on the floor.
- This mop can be used with and without water, so if you just need to give it a quick wipe over, then we can certainly recommend this kit.
- This mop unit is very heavy, so you might experience a little bit of aching in your arms and neck if you are mopping for a long period of time.
Next up, we have a mop head that comes with plenty of design features, including extra heads that you can switch up for extra cleanliness.
This is good for wiping the floor, giving you everything you need for trapping the grime and dirt on the inside of your mop, which is ideal for stubborn stain removals - introducing the Swiffer Sweeper Cleaner Dry and Wet Mop Starter Kit.
This comes with a decent cleaning function that will allow you to fully wipe away all the dirt and grime from your floor. This mop head comes with a fine and textured surface that you can be sure will hoover up all the dirt in the immediate vicinity.
When we tried out this mop, we found that it left barely any traces on the hardwood floor.
- This comes with fine textured cloth material that you can be sure will give you ultimately coverage when it comes to stubborn stains on the floor.
- Ultimately, you’ll be needing complete cotton to soak up all the dirt and grime that will accumulate on your floor - something this mop provides in abundance.
- Whether it is a dry or wet mop, you can be sure that you’ll have everything that you need for a proper cleaning.
- This will give you wider coverage on your floor, getting right into the corners and sopping up all the dirt that often gathers in the corners.
- This might be a little heavy duty for any cleaners who have mobility issues, the heads have also been described as being a little fiddly to swap.
This next mop comes with a decent aluminum handle, which means that it will not bend or break when you are mopping up the floor.
This comes with an extra lightweight handle, which is perfect for your manoeuvrability and getting from one corner to another - introducing the Turbo Microfiber Mop Floor Cleaning System.
This mop comes with reusable mop pads which will be perfect for your cleaning needs. Not only can you swap them out easily when they get too dirty, but you can also be sure that they will absorb plenty of the moisture.
You can adjust the handle to that extra long length, which will help you get into the corners or even tall living rooms.
- This comes with a rotating head that will help you to get rid of some of the trickier stains that can often become stuck to the corners.
- This comes with a telescoping handle that you can be sure will reach even the further corner. This is great for anyone who might have a larger living room.
- This will help you to remove not only grime and stubborn food matter, but also pet hairs. This will really come in handy if you have an animal.
- We would recommend that you get one of the mops for large-scale cleaning duties, as it will help you absorb a lot of dirt and even thick mud.
- Some users have claimed that this one scratches the wood on their hardwood floor, so this might put off those who are particularly house proud.
This next mop handle is one that is made from stainless steel, giving you everything that you need for a vigorous clean that will not bend or break the mop.
You can extend the handle on this mop up to 70-inches, which makes it great for getting under the cabinets and the furniture - introducing the Linkyo Microfiber Hardwood Floor Mop.
This mop is very simple to use and quick to assemble, with a rotating head that you can be sure will give you complete coverage over the flooring and the corners.
If you want your kitchen area to be clean over the large surfaces, then we would certainly recommend using this mop for those reasons.
- This comes with no slippage elements and will practically glide across your flooring. You won’t have to worry about it sticking or causing any damage to your flooring.
- This mop handle is one of the most durable that you can get on the market, coming with a steel handle that you can be sure won’t bend or break.
- You can remove this mop head to wash it in the machine multiple times. This is great if you really want to get those stains out effectively and thoroughly.
- This comes with a mop handle that will rotate over 60-degrees. This will help you get into all the nooks and crannies of your kitchen area.
- This mop might be a little too hardcore for your average cleaner. Make sure you are going to be cleaning regularly before spending money on this mop.
This next mop is something a little different, coming with interchangeable heads that are made from wool rather than cotton. This wool is much more absorptive and will give you everything that you need for a thorough cleanup.
This comes with a solid metal handle that can be extended - introducing the Sladust Big Wooly.
This comes with a swiveling head that you can be sure will give you a comprehensive clean of your home.
If you are struggling to find a decent mop that will give you a decent mop in one sitting, then we would recommend that you have a look at this one. With its steel composition, you can be sure it will stand the test of time.
- This mop head will extend beyond the limits of a normal mop, making it one of the meat models to use with larger rooms that contain a lot of furniture.
- This comes with a swivel head that you can be sure will pick up all the grime and the dirt that has stuck to your hardwood floor.
- When we tested this one, we found that it really helped when removing food matter that had dried months ago and was much harder to remove that recent grime.
- This comes with a wool head that has a lot of surface area. If you are needing to remove larger stains, then this is the one that you need to have.
- This mop might be a little too hefty for most users. If you are having trouble with your mobility or general aches and pains, then you might want to avoid this.
This final mop head is one that you can guarantee will give you plenty of versatility when it comes to cleaning. This is because it comes with 2 types of mop head, one made from industrial-strength and another made from microfibers.
These are both very durable and can be placed in the wash to completely remove all the grime - introducing the Jinclean 36-inch Industrial Cotton Floor Dust Mop.
This mop comes in various sizes, which is very important if you want to adapt it to the different rooms in your house.
If you are looking to clean the kitchen one day and the living room the next, then this is an ideal mop to have. This comes with a rotating mop head that will get into all corners of your house.
- This comes with a 100% cotton head which you can be certain will clean up all the grime that has accumulated on your floor.
- This will give you streak-free cleaning on your hardwood floor, which is ideal if you want to maintain the cleanliness of your kitchen.
- You can reuse this mop multiple times, as it can be placed in the washing machine quickly to get rid of all the stains.
- This comes with a dual-sided head that you can wash quickly for ultimate satisfaction. You won’t have to worry about it wearing out over time.
- The pole on this mop handle might be a little too flimsy for anyone looking to really scrub the floor of their kitchen vigorously.
Best Dust Mops For Hardwood Floors Buying Guide
When you are trying to find the best mop head for your needs, you’ll need to be thinking about the right material. We would certainly recommend yarn ply, as this will definitely do the trick of scrubbing your floor completely clean.
Here are a few other features that you’ll be wanting to consider:
What Material Is In The Head?
The head of the mop is where a lot of the grime and water will be gathered, so you’ll want to make sure that you have plenty of weft that will promote maximum absorption.
If you are using a removable mop head, then you’ll also want to make sure that you have the ability to rinse your mop out before use.
Is The Handle Extendable?
Having an extendable handle will be very important for getting to those hard-to-reach places.
If you have plenty of furniture that you can clean underneath, then having a mop handle that you can extend and apply to any surface will be very important.
Can You Put The Head In The Washing Machine?
Again, this is another very important factor that you’ll need to consider when cleaning your mop. This will improve the reusability, saving you money on having to pick up more mop heads in the future.
We would certainly recommend that you pick up a mop head that can be put in the washing machine and come out looking sparkling clean.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Kinds Of Mop Heads Are There Specifically For Hardwood Floors?
Well, there are a few different kinds of mops that will give you different results, whether you are using it with water or simply having a dry mop feature. Here are a few of the types that you can get for your needs:
- Cotton mops - this kind of mop is one of the most absorbent, coming with a material that can withstand plenty of water.
- Microfiber mops - this kind of mop is great for dry cleaning, so if you want to avoid creating lots of puddles of water that will result in warping and bending of wood, then try a microfiber version.
- Synthetic mops - this type of mop is man-made and maybe gives you one of the best results when it comes to cleaning up mildew and rot from your bathroom and kitchen floor.
- Blended mop - these mops feature a mixture of genuine and synthetic fibers. This will give you a great balance of durability and affordability, coming at a decent price.
- Wool dust mop - this kind of mop is the best for using with chemical spills, as it has the ability to pick up grit from the floor.
Why Dust Mops?
These handy mops can pick up the dirt where vacuum cleaners tend to struggle. This kind of mop also has the ability to remove dirt from in between floorboards, which is also important if you are deep cleaning your kitchen or bathroom.
Our Final Say
We hope that our list of some of the best dust mops for cleaning up your hardwood floor has helped you to identify what brand you want as well as what features you’ll need for your particular cleaning requirements.