Security is a top concern for many people. Thanks to advancements in technology, it is both even easier than ever before to defend your home and belongings, but also easier for others to break through more basic methods of security. This will cause many people to stress about how protected their property is.
If you have been concerned about this, fear not. There is a solution to your problems in the form of fingerprint padlocks. Though conventional padlocks are useful, these more advanced padlocks will enhance your home’s defenses.
Not only this, but they are easy to use and can be customized to identify your own fingerprint as well as those of the people you love. Never again will you have to worry about misplacing your keys.
Though there are many fingerprint padlocks available on the market, they come with different features. This can make shopping for the right fingerprint padlock quite difficult for some. To assist you, we have devised a list of the best fingerprint padlocks out there.
OUR TOP PICK
First, the fingerprint padlock from MEGAFEIS lets you save up to 15 different fingerprints. Powered by Bluetooth and controlled via an app, this padlock is easy to use and a great gift for lovers of technology.
Its other main features include its strong design, extended battery life, and its range of colors.
- Compact and portable - this lightweight design makes this padlock ideal for taking with you wherever you go. If you are looking for a way to protect your clothes and other possessions at the gym, this fingerprint padlock could really enhance your life.
- IP65 weatherproof - water and dust resistant, the MEGAFEIS padlock can be used both indoor and outdoor.
- Long battery life - a fingerprint padlock would be pretty useless if it quickly ran out of battery. When it is low on battery, it can be easily recharged. It can last up to 6 months on standby
- 4 different colors - MEGAFEIS gives the customer options. Coming in 4 colors, namely blue, black, gold, and gray, this padlock can be matched to your preferred color. This makes the product more unique and distinct.
- Stainless steel and aluminum alloy - due to the usage of these tough materials, this padlock is durable.
- App-controlled - the fact that this product is controlled via an app may be off-putting for some. This will be especially true if you are not very tech-savvy.
Like the previous item, this padlock can memorize up to 15 fingerprints. This will enable you to grant your entire family access.
It is really quick to act and will recognize your fingerprint practically every time due to its high accuracy rate. It can also be purchased in 5 colors, specifically black, gray, gun, gold, and blue.
- 99% recognition rate - this padlock can recognize fingerprints up to 99% of the time. This high accuracy will mean that you do not have to worry about your padlock not remembering your fingerprint.
- Unlock up to 2000 times - thanks to this long battery life, the Pothunder padlock will be able to unlock your fingerprint up to 2000 times in one charge. When it is low in battery, it can be charged simply using a USB cable. You will receive a reminder when your device is low in battery so that you never forget to charge it.
- Less than 1 second to unlock - much quicker than a conventional padlock, this fingerprint padlock can be opened extremely easily. In fact, it takes under 1 second!
- Lower battery life - though its battery is admirable, it is less powerful and long-lasting than many of its competitors. Some of the padlocks from other brands have noticeably longer battery life. This will be a disadvantage to some consumers.
Unlike other products on the market, this padlock from TOWODE does not require the use of Bluetooth or a phone. If you are someone who is looking for a padlock that is not powered by either of these, then this may be up your alley.
Instead, this padlock is simply straightforward to use, even for those who are somewhat technophobic. Its other positive features include its rapid charging and its versatility.
- 360-degree angle - biometric recognition can occur at a large range of angles, making it a flexible item to own.
- Versatile - this padlock can be used in a number of different settings, including both indoor and outdoors. More specifically, it can be used to protect lockers, gyms, and handbags, among others.
- Quick to charge - it only takes between 1 and 2 hours for this padlock to fully charge this lithium battery. As with some of its rivals, this padlock will send you an alert when its battery is low.
- Remain locked - if you do manage to run out of charge, this padlock will automatically lock. This means that your possessions will always be secure.
- Only up to 10 fingerprints - as evidenced by this list, some fingerprint padlocks are capable of recognizing up to 15 different fingerprints. The TOWODE padlock can only remember up to 10. Though this is still impressive, it will not benefit those who want a large number of people to access this padlock. If you have a lot of family members or friends who can use the padlock, then this may not be the optimal choice for you.
Fourth, the MYPIN padlock is yet another great security option for you. Like the MEGAFEIS product, it connects to your phone via Bluetooth and can be maintained via an app that is free to download.
Nonetheless, it has unique features such as the ability to keep a detailed log of users. In addition to this, it is waterproof and anti-rust.
- Anti-rust - rust can be negative for padlocks since it can make them less functional and harder to use. However, this padlock has been made with anti-rust technology. For that reason, it will be ideal for outdoor use.
- Keeps you informed - this padlock will keep a log of when the padlock is used. It can give you information such as the person who opened it and the time in which it was opened. It can also inform you of the location if you are using the padlock out and about. If you want to keep on top of your security, this function will be incredibly valuable. This information can be obtained via the free app.
- 0.5 seconds to access - this padlock is extremely quick to open, being able to do so in under 0.5 seconds. If you are in a rush to open your gate, door, or bag, this speedy time will be a lifesaver.
- 2.8 ounces - this lightweight padlock is suitable for being used when traveling. It will not weigh you down or take up loads of space in your luggage.
- Takes 3 hours to fully charge - though this is far from a long stretch of time for a device such as this to charge, it is longer than other products included on this list. As a consequence, it should not be used by those who need it urgently.
Finally, the Master Lock fingerprint padlock will finish off our list. Though perhaps the most pricey item on our list, it makes up for this with its multiple useful features.
These include its heavy-duty design, which results in the padlock also being resistant to the weather. Other unique elements include its extendable shackle and its battery, which can be replaced.
- Weather resistance - perfect for locking doors or gates outside, this padlock can withstand the elements, including rain and snow.
- Heavy-duty - perhaps the bulkiest and strongest padlock on this list, you do not have to fear that this padlock will be easily damaged. Instead, it will be durable enough to secure your property or possessions.
- Replaceable battery - while some other padlocks will need to be charged every couple of months, this CR2 battery can be easily replaced. These batteries should last you for longer than a year. You can also jump the battery on the rare occasion that the battery dies while in use.
- Extendable shackle - this can be extended to fit the environment in which you wish to install it. As a consequence, it is a flexible item that will adapt to your requirements.
- Price - this item is at the higher end of the scale when it comes to the amount a customer would typically spend on a fingerprint padlock. Consequently, it should only be reserved for those who are willing to pay a little more on their security.
Best Fingerprint Padlocks Buying Guide
Now that you have gone through our detailed evaluation of five of the best fingerprint padlocks, you may assume that you can begin shopping. However, we suggest you wait until after you have read our buyer’s guide.
Here, we have listed some of the key features that will differ between products. These features will influence the quality of your padlock and how suitable it is for you.
Before you begin shopping, we thoroughly recommend that you read through these considerations carefully so that you can find a fingerprint padlock that meets your needs.
Fingerprint padlocks are relatively cost-effective products to own. They can be bought for fairly cheap prices. Of course, that is not to say that there are some more expensive products on the market that are closer to $100.
Though this is the case, you can still purchase a high-quality fingerprint padlock for an affordable rate. You do not need to splash loads of cash on an advanced padlock when you can buy an effective one that suits your needs for a lower price.
If you are worried about spending too much on a fingerprint padlock, we suggest setting aside a budget for the amount you wish to spend. Stick to this limit when researching so that you do not unintentionally overspend.
Do you want to waste time having to constantly recharge your padlock? Most people will reply with a resounding “no”. Because of this, you will want to locate a fingerprint padlock that has a long battery life.
Otherwise, you will have to waste time and effort charging it. Some padlocks are capable of lasting for months without being charged.
In addition, if you are a forgetful person or someone with a hectic life, it might be a good idea to find a product that has a reminder setting when it has a low battery.
This will automatically warn you whenever the battery is beginning to run out, meaning you do not have to worry about checking the battery all the time.
Some padlocks will also have systems available in case the battery does run out when it is still being used. This will mean it will remain locked even when it has no battery.
Meanwhile, some other products can even let you jump the battery when it has died. If these features are of interest to you, then you should check to see that a padlock possesses them.
If you are planning to invest in a fingerprint padlock to take on holiday with you, for your handbag, or to the gym, it will be crucial that you find one that is portable. This will mean that it will not be heavy or take up a lot of room in your luggage.
To find such a product, it should be small and lightweight. Most products are small and lightweight, yet there will be discrepancies in the extent to which they fulfill this category. Despite this, they should still be made from a tough material to ensure that they are durable.
One of the last words you will want to use to describe a padlock is flimsy. After all, padlocks are designed to help improve security. If a padlock can be easily broken, other people will be able to access your personal belongings.
To prevent this from happening, look for a padlock that is durable. You should be able to research this information, which should be included in the product description. It should be made from a sturdy material, such as steel.
There will be a variation in the number of fingerprints that a padlock is able to identify. As a consequence, some will be able to register more than others.
If you want a large number of people to be able to register their fingerprints, such as if you want your whole family to be able to use the padlock, you will need to invest in a product that has a high capability.
Most of these fingerprint padlocks will remember at least 10 fingerprints, though more advanced models can hold up to 15.
Indoor or Outdoor
You should also consider where you will be using your padlock. Though most can be used indoors, only some are suitable for outdoor use. This is because these models will need to be more advanced.
Outdoor padlocks will need to be able to resist the weather and will need to be waterproof. If they are not, they will become damaged during harsh weather conditions, such as wind, rain, thunderstorms, or snow.
This will not be a concern for all customers. After all, many will be satisfied that their padlock works well and will not be overly bothered by their appearance. On the other hand, some people will be interested in finding a padlock that suits their aesthetic or decor.
If this is the case, you should look for ones that have designs that appeal to you. For more flexibility, you should look for fingerprint padlocks that come in a variety of different colors.
Best Fingerprint Padlocks - FAQ's
Can you rely on fingerprint padlocks?
Yes, you can trust fingerprint padlocks. They are just as dependable as traditional padlocks, though with added benefits. These benefits are explained in more detail below.
What are the advantages of fingerprint padlocks?
When it comes to fingerprint padlocks, they have many advantages over traditional padlocks.
Fingerprint models are far quicker to open than ones that you have to manually open, thus saving you time. You can also make the case that they are more secure since fingerprints are extremely difficult to replicate.
In addition, you do not have to worry about accidentally losing your keys or forgetting the code. With standard padlocks, it can be easy to forget your key or to misplace it. This is because it is almost impossible to lose your fingerprint!
Let’s face it, these fingerprint padlocks look really cool and modern. Because of this, they will enhance the aesthetics of your home and make it look more futuristic.
How do fingerprint padlocks work?
These fingerprint padlocks are complex machines. They work by scanning and remembering your fingerprint. Once you have registered your fingerprints, you are ready to begin.
If a fingerprint matches the ones that are registered, it will open. If it does not recognize the fingerprint, it will not open. Fingerprint padlocks are very secure because every human has an individual fingerprint.