Most people have carpets in their house somewhere. If you do, then you know how much of a pain it can be to give your carpets a deep clean.
You probably rented a carpet cleaner at one point and got some pretty good results with it, but after a couple of weeks, your carpet isn’t looking so fresh.
Having to constantly rent carpet cleaners can be a pain, it will cost you a lot of money. Of course, you could go and buy any old carpet cleaner, but do you really want to do that?
Not every carpet cleaner is made equal, and the Hoover Carpet Cleaner makes that obvious with its incredible technology.
If you happen to have one of these fantastic machines, you will know just how great they are. Maybe you recently bought one, but are now wondering how you are actually supposed to use it.
The instruction manual is right there, but they aren’t always very clear. Sometimes you need that human touch to help you understand your machine a little better, and that’s what you’re here for!
If you need to know how to use your Hoover Carpet Cleaner and have found yourself stuck in a rut, keep reading to learn everything you need to know to get your carpets looking fresh again.
What Is Hoover Carpet Cleaner?
Let’s start with the basics – what is a Hoover Carpet Cleaner? Well, it is a magical device that, as the name suggests, cleans carpets. It is a powerful machine that has had success and satisfaction rates that will make you wonder why you haven’t got one yet.
But wait – this device isn’t only limited to carpets – it was also efficiently cleaning cracks and upholstery, along with a number of other things around the house.
Of all vacuum cleaners, the Hoover Carpet Cleaner is a super diverse carpet cleaner that makes the cleaning process easy. To achieve a thorough cleaning, this vacuum cleaner might need to go over the same area a few times, but your carpet will never be so clean.
Although most Hoover Carpet Cleaners work in the same or similar way, knowing how to use a Hoover Carpet Cleaner is important you want to rent or buy is important.
One vacuum cleaner might be better suited for some stains, but there is a Hoover Cleaner for every floor and carpet. If you want to make carpet cleaning easy and maybe even enjoy the cleaning process, try out a carpet cleaner on this list.
Before You Use This Carpet Cleaner
Before you can actually get to use this device, there are a couple of things you need to do. Failing to prepare your carpet before you wash it will only make the process take longer, and you could end up damaging your carpet cleaner. Let’s outline them below:
Move All The Furniture Out Of The Way Before Figuring Out How To Use Hoover Carpet Cleaner
You will need to remove all the furniture from the area that you want to use your Hoover Carpet Cleaner on. Anything sitting on the floor of the room where you want to wash will be in the way.
Use A Regular Vacuum To Vacuum Up Debris In The Area
Next, you will need to vacuum up all the debris. If you can use your Hoover vacuum to do this, go for it. Otherwise, use a regular vacuum to get rid of the nasty stuff sitting on your carpet.
Once you have done the above steps, you can prepare to use your Hoover Carpet Cleaner. A good way to start is to always read the manual and the instructions are given.
This might not answer every question you have, but it is a good start in case there are a few specific things about the model you need to know before using it.
How To Use Hoover Carpet Cleaner
1. Figure out where the water tank is – you will be adding water and the cleaning solution into the water compartment. Whether you purchased or are renting your Hoover Carpet Cleaner, there should be some cleaning solution that is included. Read the instructions to see how much detergent you should add, then add water until it comes up to the ‘fill line’. Mix the two together. Remove the clean water tank and fill it to the line.
2. Plug it in and get it going – plug your device into an electrical outlet. Depending on the model you have, you might be able to start cleaning immediately or have to wait for it to heat up. When it is ready to go, you will need to select the setting that is appropriate for the surface you are going to clean. You will most likely have to pick the carpet length you’re going to clean. Once you have done this, you can begin cleaning.
3. Back and forth motions – to effectively lean your carpet, you should aim to move in back and forth motions. Do this in the same area a couple of times to make sure it is perfectly clean. You might have a stubborn stain living in your carpet, and you will just have to keep going back and forth over it until it disappears. Make sure that your back and forth motions overlap so that you don’t miss any spots, just to be safe. After your first wet stroke, you will have to go through with a second wet stroke to pick up any remaining dirt.
4. The rinsing phase – when you are finished cleaning the floor with the detergent solution, you will have to rinse the carpet. To do this, you will have to replace the dirty water in your tank with fresh water without any cleaning solution in it. Leaving any cleaning solution in the carpet is a bad idea, so doing this step correctly is important. With fresh water in the tank, you will do the same things you did when cleaning. Go over the same area multiple times with the Hoover Cleaner until you have gone over the entire carpet.
5. Getting rid of any water – after rinsing the carpet of any cleaning solution, go back over the carpet using the same motions. This time, do NOT press the trigger. By not pressing the squeeze trigger, you won’t be releasing any more water from the water tank onto the carpet, and the suction function will still be working. Go over the carpet in the same manner as before, and suction as much water up as you are able to. When no more water is being sucked up, you can stop.
6. Drying – don’t move all your furniture back yet. You need to let the area have some drying time before thinking to put the furniture in its proper place. This could take a couple of hours, but you can get faster drying and speed up the process by using a fan and increasing the temperature in the room. Only when the carpet is completely dry should you move your furniture around.
You will be surprised by how much dirty water is extracted from your carpet, and I can’t promise that it won’t be extremely satisfying.
If you do not have a place to move all your furniture in another room, you may have to clean one half of the carpet, then clean the other half of the room.
It could take a few hours longer, but there is little to do about space. Once the entire area is clean, all the trouble will be worth it, don’t worry! Moving furniture never hurt anyone, right?
Using The Hoover SteamVac Carpet Cleaner
This Hoover Carpet Cleaner is extremely similar to the one above. If you have this, the process will basically be the same as the above, but you will need to read the manual first to find out any specific differences.
Once you have done this, you can get your detergent and water mix, pick the correct tool you want to use, and get cleaning.
If you have some really stubborn stains on carpeted areas, stairs, upholstery, or furniture, you can use this device. The spin scrub head might be the best choice for any stains you feel like you are losing against.
The SteamVac Hoover Carpet Cleaner is a great carpet cleaner if you need to remove stubborn stains from carpets in hard-to-reach places. The hot water in this device will wash your carpet or any other furniture in no time.
Using The Hoover Power Scrub Carpet Cleaner
This device is also really similar to the Hoover Carpet Cleaner. The process for cleaning will be the same, but there are a couple of distinct differences that you should be aware of:
- 360-degree cleaning spinning brushes – these cleaning brushes mean that you can clean bigger areas of carpet at once. It also means that this product is designed to tackled stubborn stains that other carpet cleaners might struggle with.
- It has an automatic detergent mixing mechanism – you don’t have to worry about mixing the water and cleaning solution manually, this machine will do it all for you. This means that you can also rinse the carpet as you go, instead of waiting until you have cleaned the whole carpeted area. This will help with effective cleaning and your room will be clean in no time.
Like with the Hoover Carpet Cleaner, you will still need to use a cleaning solution and get some practice moving furniture to clean the entire floor.
Any carpeted floor you want to vacuum will need to be able to withstand the powerful brushes, so always check before you start cleaning your entire floor.
Cleaning your carpets shouldn’t be something to dread, and with the Hoover Carpet Cleaner, you don’t have to. Making sure that your carpets look their best has never been easier, whether you buy your own product or rent it.
If you want your carpets to stay in great condition, it is recommended to clean them once a year.
Now that you know how to use Hoover Carpet Cleaner, hopefully, you feel better equipped next time you need your carpets cleaned. Having clean carpets is especially important if you plan on selling your house, so always be sure to stay on top of it and never allow it to get too dirty.