When it comes to a highly practical vacuum cleaner, the Shark Navigator Lift-Away is one of the best vacuums on the market today. It’s also one of the most affordable models available and has an impressive array of features that make it stand out from its competitors.
In this review, we will be looking at the various features of the Shark Navigator Lift-Away vacuum cleaner as well some pros and cons, and a look at the Shark vacuum brand as a whole too! Let’s get started.
The Shark Vacuum Range
Shark is a well-known vacuum cleaner brand that has been around for over 40 years now and are still going strong. Their range consists of different types of vacuums including upright cleaners, canister vacuums, bag-less vacuum cleaners, handheld vacuum cleaners, and even some kinds of robot vacuum. The Shark Navigator Lift-Away is part of their upright vacuum cleaner range.
The Shark Navigator Lift-Away is an upright vacuum cleaner that uses HEPA filtration technology. This means that the air inside the unit is filtered so that you don’t inhale any dust or other particles into your lungs. The filter is made up of activated carbon which removes odors and impurities from the air while keeping them away from your body.
This vacuum is an ideal choice for cleaning upholstery, carpeting, and stairs. It is small and compact so it can be placed in any room. It is also easy to use and maintain.
The Shark Navigator Lift-Away is a cordless vacuum cleaner that is powered by rechargeable batteries. It is equipped with a powerful motor that enables it to clean large areas quickly.
It features a unique design that allows it to reach under furniture and even the underside of beds. It is also capable of picking up allergens- such as pet hair- with ease.
The Shark Navigator Lift-Away has an automatic on/off switch that automatically turns off the machine after 10 minutes of non-use. It comes with a removable dust bag that is easily replaceable. It is also equipped with a telescopic wand that extends from 12 inches to 25 inches. Its brush bar rotates 360 degrees for thorough cleaning.
The Shark Navigator Lift-Away works by sucking all the dirt and debris off the floor using the suction power of the motor. It then lifts the dirt up through the hose and into the bin where it gets collected.
There are two ways that you can use the Shark Navigator Lift-Away. You can either place it on the ground and let it suck everything up or you can attach the handle to the top of the machine and lift it up to get to harder-to-reach places.
There are three main parts to the Shark Navigator Lift A Way:
- The Motor Unit – The motor unit contains the drive system that powers the entire machine. It includes the motor, fan, and filters.
- The Hose – The hose connects the unit to the wand. It is usually made of plastic but some units come with stainless steel hoses.
- The Bin – The bin is where the dirt and debris will go once it has been sucked up. It should be emptied regularly.
Here are some of the key features of the Shark Navigator Lift-Away vacuum.
- HEPA Filter Technology – The HEPA filter is what makes the Shark Navigator Lift-Away special. It helps remove allergens from the air before they reach your lungs.
- Brush Bar – The brush bar spins 360 degrees to ensure that every inch of the surface is cleaned thoroughly.
- Unique and Lightweight Design – The Lift-Away design allows you to move the unit around without having to bend over.
- Dust Cup – The dust cup is used to collect all the dust, dirt and debris that is sucked up by the machine. The dust cup is removable and washable.
- Suction Power – The suction power of the shark navigator lift away is quite powerful. It can pick up small items such as coins and hair easily.
- Easy To Use – The Shark Navigator Lift-Away is easy to use. All you need to do is plug the unit in and turn it on. Once it is switched on, you just need to put the wand down and start cleaning.
- Lightweight – The Shark Navigator lift away is lightweight and portable. It weighs only 6kgs.
- Long-Lasting Battery Life – The battery life of the Shark Navigator Lift-Away is great. It will last between 1 hour and 2 hours depending on how much you clean. The batteries are also rechargeable.
- Quiet Operation – The Shark Navigator is quiet when operating. It doesn’t make much noise at all.
- Automatic Shut Off – The automatic shut-off feature stops the machine if it isn’t being used for more than 10 minutes.
- Noise Level – The noise level of the Shark Navigator lift away isn’t bad at all. It’s not too loud nor is it too quiet.
- Waterproof – The Shark Navigator can withstand water up to 1 meter deep.
- Durable Construction – The Shark Navigator comes with a 3-year warranty.
- Warranty Period – The Shark Navigator has a decent, 3 year warranty period.
- Price – The price of the Shark Navigator is $199.00 plus shipping, which is pretty good for a vacuum that offers as much as it does.
The Shark Navigator Lift-Away is very versatile. It can be used for many different things including cleaning floors, removing pet hair, removing dust, and even removing grime from windows. Here are some examples of how you can use the Shark Navigator Lift-Away.
As you can expect with any and all vacuum cleaners, you can definitely use the Shark Navigating Lift-Away to clean your floors! Just place the machine on the floor and switch it on.
As soon as the machine starts sucking up the dirt and debris and removing embedded dirt, simply move the wand around the room to cover the whole area. When the job is done, simply unplug the machine and take the wand out.
Pet Hair Removal
Pet owners everywhere will know how difficult it is to get rid of their fur. The Shark Navigator removes this problem for you, making it easier than ever to remove pet dander from your home.
Simply place the machine on the carpet or rug and switch it on. The machine will automatically begin to suck up the pet hair and other debris. You don’t have to worry about getting into awkward positions while using the machine because it is designed to allow you to sit back and relax as it gets rid of any and all pet hair for you.
Windows & Glasses
One thing that most people hate doing is cleaning windows and glasses. This task can become tedious and time-consuming. Luckily, the Shark Navigator Lift-Away makes this process much simpler.
Place the machine on the window sill or glass tabletop and switch it on. Once the machine is turned on, you can easily clean the surface by moving the wand around the area. If you want to go further, you can use the included brush attachment to give you a better look at what’s going on inside the glass.
Pros Of The Shark Navigator- Lift-Away
- Versatile – The Shark Navigator Lift-Away is versatile in that it can be used for multiple purposes.
- Easy To Use – All you need to do to get this vacuum to work is plug it into an electrical socket and switch it on.
- Portable – As it only weighs only 7 kgs, the Shark Navigator Lift-Away is very easy to store and move around, easily fitting into most cupboards.
- Waterproof -The Shark Navigator can withstand up to one meter of water.
- Great Value For Money – The Shark Navigator costs only $199.00 which makes it great value for money.
- Longer Warranty Period – The Shark Navigation Lift-Away comes with a 3-year guarantee, which means that you will receive full support for three years.
- Quiet Operation – Whilst it isn’t completely quiet, The Shark Navigator doesn’t make much noise when it operates. This means that you won’t disturb anyone else while using it.
- Easy To Maintain – The Shark Navigator requires little maintenance except for regular emptying of the dirt bin and cleaning whenever it is needed.
- No Mess – The Shark Navigator does not leave behind messes once it has finished its job. So if you want to clean your house without making a big mess, then this is the product for you.
- Easy To Store – The Shark Navigator can be stored anywhere because its small size allows it to fit into almost all cupboards.
- Durable – The Shark Navigator has been constructed from durable materials which means that it won’t break down over time. It has also been designed to last for a long time and withstand heavy-duty usage.
Cons Of The Shark Navigator Lift-Away
- Not As Suitable For Hard Floors – Whilst the Shark Navigator Lift-Away is an excellent choice for rugs and carpets, it may not be as suitable for cleaning bare floors or hard floors such as tiles, linoleum, and hardwood.
- Can Be Noisy When Vacuuming Carpets And Rugs – Although the Shark Navigator Lift-Away is fairly quiet, it still makes some noise during operation which might be frustrating for some, such as those with very young children that you don’t want to disturb whilst they sleep.
- Can Be Difficult To Clean Small Areas – Because the Shark Navigator Lift A Way is so light, it can be difficult to maneuver around tight spaces.
Before we give you our final thoughts, let’s take a look at some of the specs of this upright vacuum cleaner.
- Brand Name: SHARK
- Model Number: NAVIGATOR LIFT AWAY
- Product Dimensions (L x W x H): 32 x 14 x 11 cm / 12.9 x 5.48 x 4.33 inch
- Weight: 7 kgs
- Power Source: Rechargeable Batteries
- Motor Type: Brushless Direct Drive
- Vacuum Cleaner Mode: Dust & Pet Hair
- Operating Time: Up to 10 Minutes
- Battery Life: 2 Hours
- Charging Time: 3 Hours
- Power Supply: AC 100-240 V 50 Hz
- Warranty Period: 1 Year
- Automatic On/Off Switch.
- Telescopic Wand.
- HEPA Filter.
- Removable Dust Bag.
- Automatic Shut Off After 10 Minutes Of Non-Use.
- Colors Available: Black, Silver, Red, Blue, Pink, Green, Grey, Yellow, Orange, White, Purple, Turquoise.
Overall, the Shark Navigator Lift-away is a great choice when it comes to an upright vacuum cleaner. It offers many features that make vacuuming so much easier, including an automatic on/off switch, the use of the HEPA filter, a telescopic extension wand, a removable dust bag, etc. It is also easy to use and maintain.
However, it is not quite as suitable for cleaning hard floor surfaces like tiles or wooden floors. That being said, it is definitely a brilliant choice when it comes to an all-around excellent vacuum cleaner.