Vacuums are very useful tools that are used to clean floors and carpets. They are also used to remove dust from surfaces such as furniture and walls. There are several types of vacuums available in the market today. Some of them are upright, canister, bagless, corded, etc.
One of the best features of a vacuum is that it is a versatile cleaning machine that can be used in many ways. The type of vacuum cleaner you choose depends on the size of your home and the amount of time you want to spend cleaning.
Unfortunately, carpeted stairs can be one of the hardest spots to clean. You have limited space to use these products. Plus, you can injure yourself if you misstep.
Are you looking for the best vacuum for stairs? If yes, then you have come to the right place. This article will give you some great information about vacuums and their features, as well as provide 5 fantastic product suggestions.
OUR TOP PICK
OUR TOP PICK
Firstly, let’s talk about Bissell Featherweight Stick Bag Less Vacuum. It has a powerful suction motor with an extended powerhead that allows you to reach all areas of your house easily.
You will not miss any dirt thanks to this high suction power, not even pesky pet hairs. It comes with a crevice tool attachment that makes cleaning under beds and behind couches easy.
Its lightweight design makes it easier to maneuver around tight spaces, such as stairs. This, combined with the nifty crevice tool, is why this product is so great for vacuuming stairs.
If this is a problem area in your household, we strongly encourage you to buy one of these brilliant Bissell products. Here are our thoughts on it:
- Color options: this product does not come in just one color, but comes in multiple. These include blue, black, lime, and purple. We especially like the lime vacuum, as it looks very stylish and unique. These options mean that you can find the vacuum color that suits you best.
- Compact design: made to be as lightweight as possible, you can easily carry this stick vacuum throughout your house. This lightweight design results in it being the perfect choice for cleaning your stairs. Plus, it is very simple to store and will take up minimal space.
- Stick or hand: you can choose whether you want to use this product as a stick or handheld vacuum cleaner. This allows you to customize your cleaning. This handheld model is great for cleaning any crevices or hard-to-clean areas, such as tight corners. You can conveniently switch between these two modes.
- Floor nozzle: made for stairs, your carpets will be flawless thanks to this amazing attachment.
- Bagless technology: you can empty and clean this vacuum effortlessly thanks to its bagless design.
- Weaker on carpeted floors: though this vacuum is sufficient when used on carpet, it is not as powerful as when used on other floor types. It may miss some dirt when used on carpet, such as pet hairs. Therefore, you may want to look elsewhere if your stairs are carpeted.
Also available at:Walmart
The BLACK+DECKER dustbusters AdvancedClean Cordless Handheld Vacuum is an excellent option for cleaning stairs and other hard-to-reach places. It features a powerful motor that makes it suitable for cleaning even the nastiest of spaces.
It also comes with numerous attachments. For example, it comes with a crevice tool, a stair brush, and a long wand. All these tools make it easy to get rid of stubborn dirt and grime.
It is important to note that this product is best-suited for stairs. A large part of the reason why we chose it is because this cordless vacuum is handheld.
Though some of the upright vacuum cleaners on this list have handheld components, this one is entirely handheld. This is what we liked:
- 180° rotating nozzle: to reach different angles are spaces, this vacuum comes with a rotating nozzle. No longer will you struggle to reach dirt and dust.
- Convenient brush: for convenient cleaning, you can brush as you vacuum. This handheld vacuum comes with a flip-up brush that leaps into action whenever you need it. This will be a useful upholstery tool.
- Multi-surface: you can use this product in a number of situations and surfaces, including getting rid of pet hair, cleaning car interiors, and uplifting your upholstery.
- Translucent dirt compartment: allowing you to keep an eye on the level of debris, this dirt bowl has been made from a translucent material. Consequently, you can empty the vacuum when it begins to fill.
- Cordless design: instead of being hampered by a corded vacuum, this model is cordless. This means that you can move it around without your movements being limited by an irritating cord.
- Sound-dampening: this will be welcome news for pet owners. This vacuum is designed to produce minimal sound. It instead absorbs vibrations, meaning that it is suitable for use in houses with pets or young children.
- 99.97%: akin to the previous vacuum, this Dyson product can trap almost all the dust in an area. Even particles that are as small as 0.3 microns will be targeted. Your home will be left spotless after using this vacuum!
- Convenient transformations: you can alter between the standard stick mode and the handheld modes, allowing for flexible cleaning.
- Asthma-friendly: unlike some vacuums, this product has been certified asthma and allergy-friendly. If you suffer from asthma or allergies, this will be the product for you.
- Cordless design: you are no longer limited by a cord thanks to this vacuum.
- Costly: compared to the other products in this list, the Dyson vacuum cleaner is considerably more costly. The reason for this is that you are essentially paying for the brand and multiple sensational features. As a result, you should only consider this if you are willing to spend more money on your vacuum or if you are able to find it on offer.
Also available at:Walmart
Best Vacuum for Stairs Buying Guide
This guide will have placed you in a more optimal position to start shopping for a vacuum for stairs. This is because it will have instilled you with a deeper understanding of the advantages and disadvantages of these vacuums.
Plus, it has highlighted some of the best products on the market, allowing you to compare any other products you find to them.
Though this is the case, you should be warned that shopping for the best vacuum cleaner for your stairs can actually be a lot more complex than it may initially seem.
This is because there are several considerations that you must heed. These factors will affect whether or not a product is right for you.
To make your shopping experience more seamless, we have selected some of the most prominent factors.
With our help, you will be able to decide which of these factors are the most important to you. We strongly advise you to keep these factors in mind when you are shopping for your vacuum.
One of the first things you should consider when looking for a vacuum for stairs is its price. This is going to be a very expensive purchase. You should, therefore, ensure that you do not spend too much money on it.
That is not to say that you cannot find an affordable vacuum for your stairs. In fact, many of the products on this list are value for money.
However, you should bear in mind that vacuums are sold at a wide range of prices, some of which are going to be extremely expensive.
If you want to save money, then you should look for a cheaper model. If you are willing to pay more, then you should look towards models that offer more features. The more features a product offers, the higher its price tag.
Therefore, if you are looking for a cheap vacuum for stairs, you should focus on those that come with fewer features. You should still be able to find a cheap model that includes a decent amount of features.
The power of a vacuum is one of the most important aspects of buying a vacuum for stairs. When searching for a vacuum for stairs, you need to ensure that it provides enough power.
A powerful vacuum can easily remove all types of dust, allergens, and grime from your home. To get the best results out of your vacuum, you must ensure that it has sufficient power.
You should, therefore, go for a vacuum that comes with a powerful motor. This way, you will be able, even with a small vacuum, to clean up large areas of space, such as your stairs.
Furthermore, it is crucial that you consider the size of a vacuum before buying one. This is because the size of a vacuum will determine how big your cleaning area is.
For example, if you buy a large vacuum, you will be able to cover a larger area. As a result, you can use it to clean your entire staircase.
On the other hand, if you buy a smaller vacuum, you will only be able to clean a limited area. Smaller vacuums will be less capable of storing dust and dirt, meaning you will need to empty them often.
Additionally, size is important because it will impact how lightweight and maneuverable a vacuum is.
If you want a lightweight vacuum, then you should opt for a smaller and lighter model. Finally, you should take into account the weight of a vacuum.
This is because the heavier a vacuum is, the harder it will be to move around. As a consequence, if you plan to use your vacuum on a regular basis, you should go for a lighter model. This will be especially important if you have limited strength or mobility.
Another element that you will need to contemplate when purchasing a vacuum is the number of tools and attachments accompanying it. More advanced models will feature additional tools.
These tools are designed to make cleaning much easier and make products more versatile. They include brushes, crevice tools, and telescopic poles. Some of these tools are essential, while others may just be useful additions.
Some of these tools will be especially useful when it comes to cleaning your stairs. You should, therefore, decide what tools you require before shopping for a vacuum.
To many people, the look of their vacuum will not be overly important. On the flip side, other people are concerned about the aesthetic of their product. In this case, you should consider the design of a vacuum before making your purchase.
There are various designs available in the market today. However, some of them are better than others. We choose a design that suits your needs and preferences.
This can include taking color into consideration. Luckily some models, such as the Bissell product, come in multiple colors, enabling you to pick one that suits your tastes.
Sadly, cords can be annoying when you are trying to vacuum. They can get in the way and will limit your reach. Because of this, you will need to invest in a vacuum with a cord that is long enough.
This information should be included in a product’s description. To identify whether a product is long enough, you may need to measure your stairs.
Cordless vs Corded
Linking to the above factor, you will also need to decide whether you prefer cordless or corded models. There are advantages to both. Cordless models are usually cheaper than corded ones.
Furthermore, they do not produce much noise during operation. On the downside, however, a cordless vacuum cleaner tends to lack power.
This means that, unless you carry an extra battery pack, you will only be using them for short periods of time. Additionally, you will need to charge them regularly.
On the other hand, corded models provide more power. However, they are generally more expensive than cordless ones.
Furthermore, they create a lot of noise during operation. This makes them unsuitable for areas where there are small children or pets.
Handheld Vacuum vs Stick
The main two varieties of vacuums are handheld and stick. Though some models are capable of switching between these two modes, others are not.
As a result, you will need to weigh the advantages and disadvantages of both handheld and stick vacuums.
Handheld vacuums are great for use in smaller areas. However, they tend to be heavier than stick vacuums. Stick vacuums are lighter but take up more space. Canister vacuums will be bulkier than both varieties.
Last but not least, you will need to bear in mind that some vacuums are louder than others. Though they all tend to be quite loud, some have features that are designed to minimize this noise.
For example, the Dyson V10 is sound-dampening. This feature will be particularly great for pet owners or people who live with young children, as they tend to be easily started by vacuums.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Regularly Should You Vacuum Stairs?
It is best to vacuum this space whenever you begin to notice dirt or dust. On average, we recommend doing it approximately once every two weeks.
However, you can do it more or less frequently depending on how dirty your stairs tend to get.